Dum Aloo is one of the popular and traditional dishes of Kashmiri Pandit cuisine which is made up of baby potatoes. It is one of the best dishes that you can savour with plain paratha or naan. This recipe can be served on special occasions such as parties and get-togethers. It’s a mouth-watering delicacy that will make you drool over it. This recipe is very simple to prepare and it requires simple ingredients that you can find in the comforts of your home. All you need to prepare this Dum Aloo Curry recipe is paneer, potato, butter, fresh cream, tomato puree along with a melange of aromatic spices like kasoori methi. Potato is a versatile ingredient with is liked by everyone. It’s no wonder that potato is an ingredient that always finds many takers and cannot be ignored. This curry is loaded with flavours. The thick curry of this main dish recipe is made using tomatoes and onions, which are sauteed in butter along with a melange of spices. If you have a party in your home and are unable to decide on the menu, then you must include this potato recipe. It will be loved by people of all age groups.
Ingredients required for Dum Aloo Curry Recipe
- 100 gm paneer
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi leaves
- 500 gm potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 250 gm onion
- 250 ml tomato puree
How to make Dum Aloo Curry?
- Step 1- Deep fry potato shells and mash boiled potatoes. To prepare this recipe, core the potatoes and deep fry the shells. Let them cool. Take 2 potatoes and boil them. After they are boiled, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Step 2- Stuff potato shells with mashed potato and paneer mixture Next, make a mixture of mashed potatoes and panner, and stuff the mixture into the fried potato shells.
- Step 3- Cook tomato puree for the gravy. Take a separate pan, heat ghee on medium flame. Add tomato puree and cook, add salt as required and keep it aside.
- Step 4- Mix all ingredients and cook well. Take another pan and add ghee. Saute chopped onions and garam masala until the onions are fried but not crisp. Add tomato gravy to it. Cook till all ingredients are mixed well and oil separates from it.
- Step 5- Add all ingredients to the gravy mixture. Add garam masala, Kasuri methi, chili powder, and cook well. Then, add butter, cream and cook well.
- Step 6- Add stuffed potatoes to the gravy and cook. Next, add the stuffed potatoes, and cook on a simmered flame for 4 minutes. Serve with butter roti, naan or steamed rice.
More from Food
Coupon expires on March 17, 2020. Spend less on all your shopping needs with this Groupon discount code, which …
Coupon code expires on March 17, 2020. By applying this Groupon discount code at checkout, you'll automatically save an …
Promo code valid until March 14, 2020. Unlock a 30% discount across all goods categories by redeeming this Groupon …